Why HVAC&R contractors should join SARACCA
The main objective of the South African Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Contractors Association (SARACCA) is to uplift the industry, providing its members with relevant information and training opportunities. Here is what SARACCA can do for you.
SARACCA is an association for HVAC&R contractors who have individually and jointly agreed to a set of governing standards, whilst operating in free competition against each other.
SARACCA uplifts and supports its members, preparing them to be effective players in the industry. These are some of the member benefits:
- SARACCA is involved in the administration of the South African Qualification and Certification Committee for Gas (SAQCC Gas) Authorised Refrigeration Gas Practitioner registration as well as Certificate of Conformity (CoC) monitoring, all in accordance with the Pressure Equipment Regulations (PER).
- It provides a subsidy to members for the training of site staff in duct erection, refrigeration, air conditioning, and project management via short courses that follow a South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA)-approved curriculum.
- The association supports the experiential training of engineers from university with a grant to members who engage a student for practical experience.
- SARACCA is a member of the Steel and Engineering Industries Federation of South Africa (SEIFSA), which allows members access to industrial relations services such as advice on labour matters, dispute resolution, and employment conditions.
- Membership of the Metal Engineering Industries Bargaining Council is available through SEIFSA.
- SARACCA is represented at the South African Bureau of Standards (SABS) to provide input on the review and revision of SANS standards such as SANS 10147 on refrigeration, SANS 10173 for installation, testing and balancing of air conditioning ductwork, and SANS 1238 for the manufacture of ductwork. All of these have an impact on the industry and it should be noted that SANS 10147 is now referred to in the OSH Act and Pressure Equipment Regulations, which has major implications regarding responsibility and obligations on refrigeration installations, maintenance, and repairs.
- SARACCA publishes and circulates to members regular updates on the Contract Price Adjustment Provisions (CPAP) and SEIFSA indices which enable members to monitor the movement of these indices and weightings for Work Groups specific to the industry.
SARACCA has a vast range of training providers dedicated to providing substantial and practical training that arms practitioners with essential skills as per their specific industry specialties.
SARACCA has training providers specialising in areas of all A1 and A3 refrigerants on commercial, industrial, automotive and B2 Ammonia. Training providers are situated in Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal, Eastern Cape and Western Cape region.
Visit the SARACCA website for a list of authorized training providers www.saracca.co.za